Zuidste Huisie Cottage is situated in the town of Struisbaai, part of the Langezandt Fisherman’s Village.
Struisbaai is coastal village boasting with the longest continuous stretch of white sand coastline in the Southern Hemisphere. The low shrub-covered terrain bordering the sandy coast is certainly ostrich country and you will still see a good number of these giant birds sharing the land with dairy cattle and merino sheep.
Fishermen settled here more than a century ago and a cluster of their simple thatched houses may still be seen at Hotagterklip, at the entrance to the town. The working harbour often affords the opportunity for colourful photographs of the fishing boats on the azure sea.
More about our Cottage
- The Cottage sleeps 6 and consists of three en-suite bedrooms with the room configuration as follows – Main cottage with double bedroom (queen size bed), twin single bedroom and outside cottage with double bedroom (queen size bed).
- The kitchen flows onto an open plan dining and lounge area with TV and DSTV. The lounge dining area opens onto the entertainment area, covered pergola with braai (barbeque).
- The cottage is fully equipped for self catering with microwave, stove/oven, washing machine, tumble drier, dish washer and fridge/freezer.
- The Cottages with thatched roofs are built in the unique style of the original Fisherman’s cottages of the area which was declared as national monuments.
- Only 150 meters away from the beach across the boardwalk. On early morning walks during the month of June to December you may be greeted by the occasional southern right whale.
- Within walking distance from the Struisbaai harbour along the beach. The water is crystal clear and its brilliant colour is exaggerated by the colourful boats which reside in the harbour. There is a lovely little seafood restaurant at the harbour where you can dine on some freshly caught fish whilst watching the picturesque scene of the locals bartering with fishermen for their daily catch.